Hole Premium um die Werbung zu unterdrücken

Originalbeitrag

Verfasst von clovis1122, 31.03.2015 - 18:52
IMO:

One of the reason about why we have a un-nice kind of community depends of many factors.

Some of them cannot be changed (All the strategic games I've played always are played by people with some kind of knowledge, and they tend to argue).

Some of them are still waiting to be changed (HTML version had delay many stuff, eh? I guess the help channel, the present systems and the tutorial fits here.)

And some of them can be simply changed by writting a small paragraph on the official AtWar rules. I am talking about forcing a mod to give explanations about their actions.

I'd also like to re-bring up the idea of having a choose mod to which we can discuss and appeal other mod action. Always though mods works for the community, but right now it seems like the community just work for the mods. They earn powers for mod us, but we don't have any power for mod them. How so?
06.04.2015 - 06:11
I think clovis is bored...
----
Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 07:19
Geschrieben von clovis1122, 06.04.2015 at 05:32

Geschrieben von Khal.eesi, 06.04.2015 at 03:59

Personally whenever i had a problem or been in trouble, mods always replied my pms and answered my questions. So i cant relate to people who got ignored. That being said, if you get punished by a mod and he ignores your messages after (inbox not in game, as he can be afk), i think that tis illegal under atwars rules and should get reported, wether to other mods or on the forums. Right?

p.s. clovis make your posts smaller cause theres no way in hell im reading those walls of text.

Okay in short:

1) No, is not illegal. He can ignore you as there is no rule that encourage him to tell you. This thread is basically made so moderators makes a rule in which they need to give explanation when asked.

2) You cannot report it on forums, as there is a rule that prevent you from doing it (We call it "Cry thread", they call it "Pillory"). Both Rules #13 and Rules #14 prevent this from happening, and give mods the right to lock the thread, or even punish the user "as they think it need to be done".

Yes, you can report it to a moderator, or even an admid. Nice idea ... but again, there is no rule about this type of issues. A guideline would help...

Anyway for now I am just looking for this to get implemented. How to appeal and negotiate a punishment is totally optional, but explanation should be given!!!

well then you just did not phrase it correctly and the purpose of this thread got lost into the huge text walls.

I fully support mods explaining to the offenders the reasons of their punishment. That goes without saying. And hell i doubt theres a single person in atwar thinking the opposite.
----
Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 07:35
Geschrieben von Khal.eesi, 06.04.2015 at 07:19

And hell i doubt theres a single person in atwar thinking the opposite.

Watch out with your words... you may never take something for granted in this community...
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 09:07
Geschrieben von RaulPB, 06.04.2015 at 07:35

And hell i doubt theres a single * mentally and psychologically healthy * person in atwar thinking the opposite.

Watch out with your words... you may never take something for granted in this community...

k fixed..
----
Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 09:41
Been busy lately but lets me sort things out this is basically something we already practise. As far as I am aware a mod does tell you why you are muted/banned if you ask.

Yes mods are AFK sometimes (I am writing a book, and I do mute/ban while doing it) but as far I am aware the game does not tell you if someone has read your message in game or through the website. What the game does tell you is if your message was delivered (In their case received).
When I do check the forum through me phone the message counts as received but IF I am checking the forum through my phone it should already be obvious I do not have time to respond to the PMs I get (tons daily).

You should not be allowed to ask why a certain player was banned unless you are involved. You do however have the right to ask why you were banned and this has been practised every since I can remember.

To cut things short: This is a useless suggestion that we already practise.

Geschrieben von clovis1122, 06.04.2015 at 05:32

1) No, is not illegal. He can ignore you as there is no rule that encourage him to tell you. This thread is basically made so moderators makes a rule in which they need to give explanation when asked.

2) You cannot report it on forums, as there is a rule that prevent you from doing it (We call it "Cry thread", they call it "Pillory"). Both Rules #13 and Rules #14 prevent this from happening, and give mods the right to lock the thread, or even punish the user "as they think it need to be done".

Yes, you can report it to a moderator, or even an admid. Nice idea ... but again, there is no rule about this type of issues. A guideline would help...

Anyway for now I am just looking for this to get implemented. How to appeal and negotiate a punishment is totally optional, but explanation should be given!!!

1) If a moderator if ignoring you ask another moderator. We have over 10 moderators who access the game DAILY multiple times a day. If said moderator does not know he will make a forum post in the mod forum and get back to you in under a day.

2) You summed it up.
Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 10:17
Geschrieben von Khal.eesi, 06.04.2015 at 09:07

Geschrieben von RaulPB, 06.04.2015 at 07:35

And hell i doubt theres a single * mentally and psychologically healthy * person in atwar thinking the opposite.

k fixed..

Good job!
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 15:59
Geschrieben von Meester, 06.04.2015 at 09:41

---

Very appreciated that Some moderators does give you explanations even though nothing encourage them to. But I'll repeat: SOME.

Now I feel like asking: Why is this useless?

And If this is something that is being applied without need of clarifications, then why are you opposed against making this official?

I guess all your argument is based on "I think this is useless". So let me try to convince you about this not being useless.

I've replied to Fock already, said case did happened, else I wouldn't be here, claiming for what I consider should be a right for us, the community, to you and your comrades, moderator team.

Now you've purpose to go to another moderator instead. Read my reply to khal since I think I've already replied him that. Basically, there is nothing that tells you that you should ask another moderator, from a Rule perspective. A guideline would be great, explaining what should we expect from mods and what we should reclaim to mod. Something related to Right and Duties that is used by humans.

But if you agreed with what Desu had stated here I should assume you are against giving the community any kind of right ....

For sum up, your argument is that this is useless as moderators does give explanations.

This is my reply: I have a case in which a moderator didn't grave me explanation. I noticed there is no rule that encourages him to give us explanation. If the rule that you call useless get implemented, then nothing will change, except that this moderator will have to give me explanation. Also, this will avoid future misunderstandings.

Is as clear as it is. Maybe useless for you and all the good mods that gives explanations without being encouraged to. But bad news to other type of moderators, that doesn't like to do it.
Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 17:03
Geschrieben von clovis1122, 06.04.2015 at 15:59

---

Clovis, I appreciate you for looking out for the community, it speaks great volume about you. I understand that you feel like some of the players are being targeted unfairly or there may be shroud of secrecy in what mods are doing in applying the punishment. We do our best to explain why when asked, and if the mod happen to not reply at the moment, chances are you can ask another mod to look up the reason. In the player's profile like meester suggested earlier, we list reasons why we punish them. I feel like your grievance may have been directed at someone in particular. I also do know that for minor issues, like spamming chats, I don't give explanations, because I give warning, and then I mute. When asked, I will still tell them why.

I also believe khal is right, that most if not all mods give an explanation when requested. So forcing a mod to explain seems unnecessary. If you feel like you are being abused by a moderator, report it to another mod.
Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 17:23
Geschrieben von Cthulhu, 06.04.2015 at 17:03

Clovis, I appreciate you for looking out for the community, it speaks great volume about you. I understand that you feel like some of the players are being targeted unfairly or there may be shroud of secrecy in what mods are doing in applying the punishment. We do our best to explain why when asked, and if the mod happen to not reply at the moment, chances are you can ask another mod to look up the reason. In the player's profile like meester suggested earlier, we list reasons why we punish them. I feel like your grievance may have been directed at someone in particular. I also do know that for minor issues, like spamming chats, I don't give explanations, because I give warning, and then I mute. When asked, I will still tell them why.

I also believe khal is right, that most if not all mods give an explanation when requested. So forcing a mod to explain seems unnecessary. If you feel like you are being abused by a moderator, report it to another mod.

I don't want anyone else to have this experience, so at least... give us some rights and duties, please... you guys are the mods. The rules are our duties, but now give us right...
Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 19:22
Zitat:

i miss when cthlhue banned me ip 2weeks for insulting him and his country :/
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 19:24
Geschrieben von clovis1122, 06.04.2015 at 17:23

Geschrieben von Cthulhu, 06.04.2015 at 17:03

I don't want anyone else to have this experience, so at least... give us some rights and duties, please... you guys are the mods. The rules are our duties, but now give us right...

buttlicker....
look what he say he give warning<
2week ban ip for insulting him is warning
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
Lade...
Lade...
06.04.2015 - 22:41
give us some rights and duties, please... you guys are the mods. The rules are our duties, but now give us right...

Perhaps a guideline could be add.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Lade...
Lade...
07.04.2015 - 07:36
Geschrieben von Pinheiro, 06.04.2015 at 22:41

give us some rights and duties, please... you guys are the mods. The rules are our duties, but now give us right...

Perhaps a guideline could be add.

YES, I propose this before. Don't remember in which post.

In Kongregate there is no rule, but a guideline (And a pretty fun one )

They tell you how you should behave, how you shouldn't, what you should avoid, damm... Even they specify at the start "This is not a complete list of rules, just a good list of suggestions for how to best keep out of trouble." That makes it nice as when people hear the word "rule" they usually tend to be some kind of... cannot explain

IMO having a guideline instead of a set of rules is A LOT more useful, maybe a bit longer, but still useful. Make it enjoyable to read

I suggest mods to re-work on the rules and make a guideline based on Kongregate, but adapted to AtWar. Here's the link of conduct:

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/conduct

Here's a small paragraph, at the end of the conduct, related to Moderatorship:

Now I am excited and really hope this to happen, else I wouldn't lead my own post to off-topic
Lade...
Lade...
11.04.2015 - 05:57
.... what is the obsession with moderator action? this thread is such a non-issue.
----
Lade...
Lade...
11.04.2015 - 06:23
Geschrieben von Permamuted, 11.04.2015 at 05:57

.... what is the obsession with moderator action? this thread is such a non-issue.

This thread die 4 days ago

I don't think you've had any serious issue with a moderator, so yeah your reply is reasonable from that POV. But you should try to understand those (we) who did had problems with mods.
Lade...
Lade...
11.04.2015 - 11:55
Geschrieben von clovis1122, 11.04.2015 at 06:23

so yeah your reply is reasonable from that POV.

google POV in google images
----
Lade...
Lade...
11.04.2015 - 17:07
Stryko
Konto gelöscht
Clovis already knows that his "problem" is pathetic and useless... this thread should indeed die
Lade...
Lade...
11.04.2015 - 17:22
Geschrieben von Guest, 11.04.2015 at 17:07

Clovis already knows that his "problem" is pathetic and useless... this thread should indeed die

I'm hunting stryko through the forum to upvote his posts
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

Lade...
Lade...
atWar

About Us
Contact

AGB | Servicebedingungen | Banner | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Bewirb dich

Empfehle uns weiter