Hole Premium um die Werbung zu unterdrücken
29.03.2012 - 23:03
I'm trying to make a well balanced, realistic enough world war 3 scenario and I would like your opinions on it. So far this is what I have

Team 1
-USA/Canada
-European NATO
-Middle East (Blue)
-Oceania (Australia, NZ, Papua New Guinea)
-India

Team 2
-China
-Russia
-Middle East (Blue)
-Asia (Grey)

As of now it's far from balanced and I want some suggestions. I would like there to be some conflict in the Americas and Africa so I was wondering if you guys could suggest some new players.

Also I'm aware that there are probably some flaws with the alignment. My plan was to base the war around an american invasion of Iran leading to escalating tension with Russia and China and one thing leads to another and we have war. If you see some flaws with the teams or with the scenario let me know and I'll work on it.

Thanks
----
This doesn't really say anything, it's just a space filler while I try to come up with a better signature.
Lade...
Lade...
30.03.2012 - 06:34
 Acquiesce (Mod)
First thing is you wrote middle east (blue) for both teams. I'll just assume you mean middle east (green) for team 2. Making a WW3 scenario that is both realistic and effective in regards to gameplay is tough. If you are very serious about realism you could do some research as to which African nations have greater diplomatic relations with China or the U.S. Same goes for Latin America/SE Asia. Perhaps Japan/South Korea/Taiwan would side with the U.S???? I dunno I'm just throwing out ideas.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Lade...
Lade...
30.03.2012 - 07:54
Ok, in my opinion the only way to have a fair fight in the americas is to split the USA in 2 countries. Yes adding Cuba-Venezuela can be an easy solution but you dont have a balanced fight. With Brazil you have a long fight but USA is almost sure to win.

Why not an american civil war, after all I don't think every americans want to declare war to Iran..... Personnaly, last time it is the south that tried to separate so why not the north-east and the pacific coast this time, they are probably the 2 most pacific liberal area against raging a war. With Venezuela+Cuba and the americans rebels in the same team we could have something balanced. Now splitting Canada, why not a separation of the country based on what happened in WW1 and WW2 whith the conscription... Of course don't waste 2 players in Canada if you don't have enough players. In my opinion you should add ontario and BC to the british players and quebec to the french players

"What the fuck are you talking about" personnally i think that the current situation in europe isnt balanced and you want to have fight in africa so here is the solution. Split Europe in 4 players. We have UK that support the american invasion in Iran. Uk will have english canada and the small countries everywhere in the world where UK have military base.... Cyprus brunei by exemple. Now, we add France and Germany on the Russian side... after all we want a balanced map and both of these countries sided with russia against the american invasion of Irak in the past. France have a lots of military base in africa so here you have the war starting in africa. Like UK make sure to add to France the military base every where in the world. (By exemple guadeloupe is not in the map no problem you place like 5 destroyer 1 transport and 10 infantry there). Also add a south africa player so you will have some fight in africa.....

In asia the addition of japan is a must, you can put south kroea and taiwan with japan.

Finally now we need to balance europe...... here you have plenty of choice there is a lots of countries that can support the american war in iran, spain italy poland are all american puppets..... Pick one or two or the 3 and we will get a decent balanced fight in europe.
Lade...
Lade...
30.03.2012 - 13:53
Love all those ideas guys. I knew about a lot of the problems i had so far but had very few solutions. I'm aware of how horribly unbalanced it is as of now and your suggestions will really help. I knew I wanted to add Japan but I didnt think it would be fair because even with south Korea and Taiwan its not really a match for all of china but with India in the fight too it should be better.

On a side note, does anyone have an idea as to what to name the two sides of the conflict?
----
This doesn't really say anything, it's just a space filler while I try to come up with a better signature.
Lade...
Lade...
30.03.2012 - 15:31
UPDATE*

Thanks again to Acquiesce and TomasMer for their Ideas. Been Woking on the teams and so far this is what I have

Team 1
-USA
-United British Forces
-Middle East (Blue)
-Oceania
-Africa (green)
-Europe (Pink)
-India
-Asia (Pink)

Team 2
-China
-Europe/Quebec (Green)
-Russia
-Middle East (Green)
-Africa (Blue)
-Asia (Grey)
-Central America
-American Rebels

Please share your opinion, it's still far from perfect and I want to know what you think

Thanks
----
Lade...
Lade...
30.03.2012 - 16:03
Looks quite balanced to me. you should have zoomed-in SS's to show us the battlegrounds.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Lade...
Lade...
30.03.2012 - 21:09
I'm not much of an expert, but this looks kinda unbalanced in favor of team two, and it seems that many countries will be just fodder. It seems Russia would be the best choice, because with the mess in Europe (the way you have it now it's ALMOST a fair fight. Of course, the US side will win within, perhaps 5/6 turns in Europe, but Russia is going to steamroll through the area, and Europe will still be rebuilding from their recent war, and will have almost no chance at repelling the Russians. I can't really tell which nations in Asia are black or not, but to me it looks like a pretty fair fight in the area, so no complaints there, but i just feel that once Russia takes Europe, it's going to alleviate China's load until team two has the entire old world before America can defeat the Rebels and have troops reach China/ Europe. It will eventually come down to Old World vs. Americas, and i just don't think America has the strength to repell all of the other countries.

However, i may be wrong. Europe may be able to put up a sizeable resistance against Russia.
----
"Bitches ain't shit, but hoes and tricks"
-Mahatma Gandhi
Lade...
Lade...
30.03.2012 - 22:52
I'm not too sure about that. As big as Russia is, it's not a complete powerhouse. The point would be for Russia to get to the european battle early enough so it would be pink and the UK vs Russia and green. I think it would be a decently fair fight.
----
Lade...
Lade...
30.03.2012 - 23:46
Geschrieben von Counterpart, 30.03.2012 at 22:52

fair fight.

-This

And for a fair fight I find it easy to give russia its old USSR border for units and also raise its income to about 5,000 so it can fight a proper battle vs europe and middle east. (5,000 as in total money earned not as in what you'll get per turn.)
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Lade...
Lade...
31.03.2012 - 00:06
Geschrieben von zombiekiller, 30.03.2012 at 21:09

I'm not much of an expert, but this looks kinda unbalanced in favor of team two, and it seems that many countries will be just fodder. It seems Russia would be the best choice, because with the mess in Europe (the way you have it now it's ALMOST a fair fight. Of course, the US side will win within, perhaps 5/6 turns in Europe, but Russia is going to steamroll through the area, and Europe will still be rebuilding from their recent war, and will have almost no chance at repelling the Russians. I can't really tell which nations in Asia are black or not, but to me it looks like a pretty fair fight in the area, so no complaints there, but i just feel that once Russia takes Europe, it's going to alleviate China's load until team two has the entire old world before America can defeat the Rebels and have troops reach China/ Europe. It will eventually come down to Old World vs. Americas, and i just don't think America has the strength to repell all of the other countries.

However, i may be wrong. Europe may be able to put up a sizeable resistance against Russia.

I disagree.
----
Lade...
Lade...
31.03.2012 - 03:15
Do you really want to make this a 16 players map? Keep it simple man. The biggest problem every scenario has is people leaving the game, destroying balance and fun. If you keep it as few players as possible, people can invite their friends, or players they know and have a nice evening with your scenario. Keep it at 16 and they have an evening of remaking your scenario countless times because some people always leave in the beginning.
You could for example merge the American Rebels with Central America. Makes it 1 less player. And also, to even things out, give them Mexico, US: Mountain and US: Texas. Give US: Northeast back to the US.
You could explain this by the rebels seeking foreign aid, as the US army is too mighty to take on it with only militia. In the mentioned regions are many Mexican immigrants right? Some may have connections to powerful drug cartels, or even the Mexican military. This way they could have formed some kind of alliance, staging a surpise attack on the US from within and the Mexican borders. The rebels could have blocked roads, blown up bridges and so on while Mexican troops cross the border.
This way you can actually have a hard fought battle in the Americas, cause let's be honest in your current setup the US would still just steam roll over dem rebels and Cuba in a few rounds. You may want to give the US Puerto Rico, Costa Rica and some other islands in Central America, so that Venezuela expanding south can be hindered.

Take a look at your map and see if you can merge other nations together, cause else your scenario will have the same problem as all the others.
Lade...
Lade...
31.03.2012 - 12:37
Geschrieben von learster, 31.03.2012 at 03:15

Do you really want to make this a 16 players map? Keep it simple man. The biggest problem every scenario has is people leaving the game, destroying balance and fun. If you keep it as few players as possible, people can invite their friends, or players they know and have a nice evening with your scenario. Keep it at 16 and they have an evening of remaking your scenario countless times because some people always leave in the beginning.
You could for example merge the American Rebels with Central America. Makes it 1 less player. And also, to even things out, give them Mexico, US: Mountain and US: Texas. Give US: Northeast back to the US.
You could explain this by the rebels seeking foreign aid, as the US army is too mighty to take on it with only militia. In the mentioned regions are many Mexican immigrants right? Some may have connections to powerful drug cartels, or even the Mexican military. This way they could have formed some kind of alliance, staging a surpise attack on the US from within and the Mexican borders. The rebels could have blocked roads, blown up bridges and so on while Mexican troops cross the border.
This way you can actually have a hard fought battle in the Americas, cause let's be honest in your current setup the US would still just steam roll over dem rebels and Cuba in a few rounds. You may want to give the US Puerto Rico, Costa Rica and some other islands in Central America, so that Venezuela expanding south can be hindered.

Take a look at your map and see if you can merge other nations together, cause else your scenario will have the same problem as all the others.

To limit the players I could combine the middle Eastern players with the African players. I cold also give china the grey Asian countries. With that and central America I'd be down to 12 players. Any oppinion on it?
----
Lade...
Lade...
31.03.2012 - 13:32
So This....

----
Lade...
Lade...
31.03.2012 - 19:55
Keep it to a high number of players, in the scenario editing you can make it so that the limit of players is changeable for the person who makes the game.
----
Lade...
Lade...
31.03.2012 - 20:16
12 is still a lot of players though and still a lot easier to coordinate than 16
----
Lade...
Lade...
28.04.2012 - 10:38
Geschrieben von Counterpart, 31.03.2012 at 13:32

So This....

if the situation is like this in america,so it's like ron paul became a president and turned america against israel,since as far as i know,the governer of L.A loves israel,and since L.A is the capital of the pacific,so he get's the pacific,and im not sure of why texas would rebel too,so to give it a bit realistic touch,make the rebels on team 1 and the U.S on team 2,as if it would have been under ron paul's control.
as for europe,it would have been balanced if one would have control of europe,since it's pretty hard to fight the entire russian army with barely 4 countries while you're getting attacked from africa,espacfully after fighting 2 major countries,it's also dosn't seem realistic that NATO will simply collapse with germany turning up against israel.
by far,that's all i can say
Lade...
Lade...
02.05.2012 - 12:18
I'm really interested in the scenes of the third world war.
I have seen many and all have many errors.

First error:
Russia.
Today people really know the scope of power of the Russian arm.
Russia is not as powerful as some think.
Yes, they have nuclear weapons.
But Russia is a giant with feet of clay.
Russia is one of the few countries whose population is not growing, is decreasing.
This is caused by the poor quality of life, lousy public health system, few job opportunities and general unhappiness of the population.
Russia is one of the countries with lower life expectancy.
Russia is one of the countries with greater corruption.
A country with a high intake of drugs.
Russia is reportedly the fifth country in the military budget.
Indeed, it is suspected that this list could be false.
It is said that Russia spends a lot less.
Just try to pretend that military power has not decreased over the years.

I have more to say, but i will rest a bit.
----
I dont understand why people says that Full Package is too expensive:
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6531/fzhd.png

"I... Feel a little dead inside"
-Gardevoir
Lade...
Lade...
02.05.2012 - 14:59
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Next_100_Years

Ima read this and make a WW3 scenario better then yours! haha lol
----
All our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Life's but a walking shadow a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing
Lade...
Lade...
02.05.2012 - 15:08
I've got that book... The introduction explains quite clearly that predicting the future doesn't work (and is the only good piece of writing in there). He then procedes to try and predict the future anyway.
----
Geschrieben von Amok, 29.04.2012 at 08:36

Gardevoir, your obnoxiousness really baffles me sometimes...just leave for good already or stop whining.
Lade...
Lade...
03.05.2012 - 13:29
Geschrieben von Barrymore, 02.05.2012 at 15:08

I've got that book... The introduction explains quite clearly that predicting the future doesn't work (and is the only good piece of writing in there). He then procedes to try and predict the future anyway.

So, it does all the thinking about the scenario for me. All I have to do is pres "enter country'
----
All our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Life's but a walking shadow a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing
Lade...
Lade...
05.05.2012 - 08:27
Geschrieben von raetahcodeupon, 02.05.2012 at 12:18

I'm really interested in the scenes of the third world war.
I have seen many and all have many errors.

First error:
Russia.
Today people really know the scope of power of the Russian arm.
Russia is not as powerful as some think.
Yes, they have nuclear weapons.
But Russia is a giant with feet of clay.
Russia is one of the few countries whose population is not growing, is decreasing.
This is caused by the poor quality of life, lousy public health system, few job opportunities and general unhappiness of the population.
Russia is one of the countries with lower life expectancy.
Russia is one of the countries with greater corruption.
A country with a high intake of drugs.
Russia is reportedly the fifth country in the military budget.
Indeed, it is suspected that this list could be false.
It is said that Russia spends a lot less.
Just try to pretend that military power has not decreased over the years.

I have more to say, but i will rest a bit.

you sure hate russians bro
Lade...
Lade...
05.05.2012 - 16:19
I dont hate russians, i just saying reasons for Russia neutral or Russia fighting with USA and not againts USA.
----
I dont understand why people says that Full Package is too expensive:
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6531/fzhd.png

"I... Feel a little dead inside"
-Gardevoir
Lade...
Lade...
atWar

About Us
Contact

AGB | Servicebedingungen | Banner | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Bewirb dich

Empfehle uns weiter