Hole Premium um die Werbung zu unterdrücken
11.02.2011 - 17:26
I wasn't sure if I should put this is bugs, but because it was more of a issue if balancing I put it here.
The problem is late joiners, some can join somewhere very close. Then, because of their handicap, they get a rather large bunch of troops. Then they invade your capital, and kill you. I want to ask you on your experiences on this. Do you think too many troops are awarded, or do I just have a bad defence?
Lade...
Lade...
11.02.2011 - 17:27
The best tactic for avoiding this is to capture all the neutral countries around your home country as soon as possible. That way any late joiners have to join far away, and you can stop them before they come.

I agree it can be annoying sometimes, but late joiners need units or they would lose every time. As it is, they get the average # of units of all players, which I think is pretty fair. Also, if you are starting a game, set the starting cash amount low, and late joiners can't build that many units...
Lade...
Lade...
12.02.2011 - 03:12
Summary: if you have the option for people to join late, expect them to join and make it look better, for them, to join far faraway from you.
Lade...
Lade...
18.03.2011 - 13:54
 vbf
Geschrieben von Guest14502, 11.02.2011 at 17:27

The best tactic for avoiding this is to capture all the neutral countries around your home country as soon as possible. That way any late joiners have to join far away, and you can stop them before they come.

I agree it can be annoying sometimes, but late joiners need units or they would lose every time. As it is, they get the average # of units of all players, which I think is pretty fair. Also, if you are starting a game, set the starting cash amount low, and late joiners can't build that many units...

I usually have fun when people forget to do that...
Lade...
Lade...
18.03.2011 - 13:59
Also, always build up defensive lines around every important capital you have ASAP. It will gives you one extra week to avoid the rush.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Lade...
Lade...
18.03.2011 - 14:11
I tend to leave one neutral nation and a lack of defence lines just to tempt a late joiner to start next to me so I can surprise counter rush him with my bombers. Although this really is not a good idea and can be risky haha...

trolls trolling trolls?
Lade...
Lade...
18.03.2011 - 15:32
Geschrieben von King Cow, 18.03.2011 at 14:11
so I can surprise counter rush him with my bombers.

The funny part is that people who late join think that's unfair that we attack them in the first week they join. Just like it wasn't their option in the first place.

Hatters gonna hate.
Late joiners gonna late join.
I'm gonna rush late joiners capital in the very first turn.

It's life!
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Lade...
Lade...
18.03.2011 - 16:25
Its funny I am reading this post and I just joined to games late... 1 already one and second is just starting..

EDIT... came in knocked out the biggest player and allied the rest and won
Lade...
Lade...
18.03.2011 - 17:21
Got the late joining fever. Joined a 8 player game on week 15 > won at week 30 with top SP.
----
Lade...
Lade...
19.03.2011 - 00:45
I like it the way it is. Yea when you first start playing AW you will loose quite a few games to lates but in the end you will do all the things people are suggesting and here is a hint i use. Every Build turn put 10 more units in your capital and dont forget to have a back up force of a decent size ready to rush to your capital should it get supprized.
The game is verry strategic in what countrys you capture and how you defend and plan both your offence and defence. each game varrys alot so think about all those nutral countrys as posible players and not as just 8 millitia that wil never attack you.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Lade...
Lade...
08.11.2011 - 19:32
 KYBL
My only problem is if you pick a place with little areas with troops around them, it will be hard to defend yourself, and in a case like Africa, money is a problem too. For example, I made my capital Djibouti and was doing quite well, and I had all the countries that bordered and were close to me, but a late joiner comes in at Mali, and takes over my capital because of my lack of money.
----

Lade...
Lade...
09.11.2011 - 05:59
What a necropost.
Seriously you need to apply some lotion.
Lade...
Lade...
09.11.2011 - 08:35
Geschrieben von KYBL, 08.11.2011 at 19:32

My only problem is if you pick a place with little areas with troops around them, it will be hard to defend yourself, and in a case like Africa, money is a problem too. For example, I made my capital Djibouti and was doing quite well, and I had all the countries that bordered and were close to me, but a late joiner comes in at Mali, and takes over my capital because of my lack of money.

You're still hung up on that?
Lade...
Lade...
09.11.2011 - 17:43
Geschrieben von KYBL, 08.11.2011 at 19:32

Your lack of money is your own fault, take richer countries and don't over expand. Lrn2economy
----
Czech yourself before you wreck yourself.
Lade...
Lade...
05.12.2011 - 09:42
Viralmarketeer
Konto gelöscht
PROTIP: make 5k games so late joiners wont have very much money to start with.
Lade...
Lade...
atWar

About Us
Contact

AGB | Servicebedingungen | Banner | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Bewirb dich

Empfehle uns weiter