Hole Premium um die Werbung zu unterdrücken
01.05.2023 - 20:10
Hello user,
For some time, I've been wanting to help atwar grow to what it once was. There's obviously some debate on how to do this, and I haven't taken the time to sort through what has been done to remedy atwars current state, but I do know pleading the atwar elite and davey-boy to fix the game isn't going to work, nor is it going to draw more players in.

As far as I can tell, the best, and perhaps only shot atwar has at becoming more than a relic of the 2010's is for the users to do something about it. Evidently, make videos about it. My rather shitty videos I've put up on YouTube and tiktok have acrewed a few thousand (probably less) views, and in total I estimate the amount of hours put in to be around 40+. Thats, for all videos, editing included. I managed to 'invite' a dozen or so players for basically minimal effort on my part. (granted only one stayed for good, as far as I can guess)

My point is that if anyone has the time and knowledge to sink into one absolutely BANGER video, tik tok account, Youtube channel, it could save atwar. If anyone has the time and skills to do so, atwar is a gold mine of content. Not only in its gameplay, but its community. A exploratory video into atwar, its history and the community could prove alluring. After, all everyone likes a tragedy. Alternatively, a fast paced comedic edit video series could do the trick. Inputting small comedic clips from meme videos over gameplay of someone doing crazy tactics could be great, especially for short attention span-dopamine hooked people like me. These videos would contrast well with the bland and rather boring videos we have now (at least to outsiders).

I don't have the skills (yet) to do this, nor the means, without sacrificing time I'd rather spend gold-panning. However, Next semester of college I plan to start learning adobe to edit, and perhaps ill crank out some higher quality videos, courtesy of my schools studio. MAYBE. That is, if atwar doesn't die over the summer.

I'll conclude this poorly formatted and lengthy post with this: You have to do something.

Tldr: Stop complaining about atwar, and start trying to fix it.
Lade...
Lade...
02.05.2023 - 06:45
It used to be that around 95% of new players came from organic SEO using the syntax 'Risk Online'. I am not sure of the exact numbers now, however as there is very little else in terms of marketing activity, I assume it is similar. Paid ads do not work very well as only around 4% of new players (again old data..) convert to paid subscribers, therefore the ROI makes it unviable.

Videos can be highly effective at generating new users and can benefit from the affiliate scheme in plays which rewards players with 25% of the revenue generated from new players, by including the unique link, usually somewhere in the description.
TikTok - whilst I can imagine it is effective in terms of traction, the fact the game is not very well optimised for mobile devices means that players are usually disuaded from buying premium as TikTok is predominatley mobile users, when those user types are targetted.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Lade...
Lade...
02.05.2023 - 15:32
Geschrieben von Sun Tsu, 02.05.2023 at 06:45

It used to be that around 95% of new players came from organic SEO using the syntax 'Risk Online'. I am not sure of the exact numbers now, however as there is very little else in terms of marketing activity, I assume it is similar. Paid ads do not work very well as only around 4% of new players (again old data..) convert to paid subscribers, therefore the ROI makes it unviable.

Videos can be highly effective at generating new users and can benefit from the affiliate scheme in plays which rewards players with 25% of the revenue generated from new players, by including the unique link, usually somewhere in the description.
TikTok - whilst I can imagine it is effective in terms of traction, the fact the game is not very well optimised for mobile devices means that players are usually disuaded from buying premium as TikTok is predominatley mobile users, when those user types are targetted.

if you wanna make it popular you have to make it flashy, at its core atwar is not a flashy game but yet it maintains to be my favorite game for 3 years in a row. Which raises the question, why? The truth of the matter is that the community is great, the mechanics are simple yet very important, and plus i love map painting the map. If you wanna drag people into atwar you have to clickbait them, most people have a complete and utter lack of having a mind able to try new things and so atwar will look too boring for them.
----
hi
Lade...
Lade...
02.05.2023 - 16:26
Geschrieben von soft goth avery, 02.05.2023 at 15:32

if you wanna make it popular you have to make it flashy, at its core atwar is not a flashy game but yet it maintains to be my favorite game for 3 years in a row. Which raises the question, why? The truth of the matter is that the community is great, the mechanics are simple yet very important, and plus i love map painting the map. If you wanna drag people into atwar you have to clickbait them, most people have a complete and utter lack of having a mind able to try new things and so atwar will look too boring for them.

I agree with Khau, that and fix ranks. You won't keep players around by having them spend literal years ranking up. Games nowadays are fast pace and we need to adapt to that.
----
[pr] ●HellRaiserX666X: ever try beating your meat with sand paper?
Lade...
Lade...
02.05.2023 - 17:33
Message deleted by Dave. Reason: banned user
Lade...
Lade...
04.05.2023 - 12:31
Geschrieben von GAbe the BABe, 01.05.2023 at 20:10

Hello user,
For some time, I've been wanting to help atwar grow to what it once was. There's obviously some debate on how to do this, and I haven't taken the time to sort through what has been done to remedy atwars current state, but I do know pleading the atwar elite and davey-boy to fix the game isn't going to work, nor is it going to draw more players in.

As far as I can tell, the best, and perhaps only shot atwar has at becoming more than a relic of the 2010's is for the users to do something about it. Evidently, make videos about it. My rather shitty videos I've put up on YouTube and tiktok have acrewed a few thousand (probably less) views, and in total I estimate the amount of hours put in to be around 40+. Thats, for all videos, editing included. I managed to 'invite' a dozen or so players for basically minimal effort on my part. (granted only one stayed for good, as far as I can guess)

My point is that if anyone has the time and knowledge to sink into one absolutely BANGER video, tik tok account, Youtube channel, it could save atwar. If anyone has the time and skills to do so, atwar is a gold mine of content. Not only in its gameplay, but its community. A exploratory video into atwar, its history and the community could prove alluring. After, all everyone likes a tragedy. Alternatively, a fast paced comedic edit video series could do the trick. Inputting small comedic clips from meme videos over gameplay of someone doing crazy tactics could be great, especially for short attention span-dopamine hooked people like me. These videos would contrast well with the bland and rather boring videos we have now (at least to outsiders).

I don't have the skills (yet) to do this, nor the means, without sacrificing time I'd rather spend gold-panning. However, Next semester of college I plan to start learning adobe to edit, and perhaps ill crank out some higher quality videos, courtesy of my schools studio. MAYBE. That is, if atwar doesn't die over the summer.

I'll conclude this poorly formatted and lengthy post with this: You have to do something.

Tldr: Stop complaining about atwar, and start trying to fix it.

atwar is dead lol who wanna spend time helping a dead game xD
Lade...
Lade...
04.05.2023 - 19:16
Meow meow im just a little baby cat meow meow! Bro you tell me. who would want to?!
Lade...
Lade...
07.05.2023 - 08:20
Geschrieben von The Panda Jew, 02.05.2023 at 16:26

Geschrieben von soft goth avery, 02.05.2023 at 15:32

I agree with Khau, that and fix ranks. You won't keep players around by having them spend literal years ranking up. Games nowadays are fast pace and we need to adapt to that.

We need to make it up to like rank 100 or even like 200 and make them easy to rank up, otherwise it's pretty boring
Shields for ranks can be for every 5, 10 o 20 ranks...
----
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
Lade...
Lade...
07.05.2023 - 11:54
Geschrieben von vampire master V, 04.05.2023 at 12:31

atwar is dead lol who wanna spend time helping a dead game xD

someone who gives a shit
----

Best mod ever <3

Best admin ever <3

" I declare the creation of the United States of Atwar. "
- Dave Washington, 6/7/2020
Lade...
Lade...
atWar

About Us
Contact

AGB | Servicebedingungen | Banner | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Bewirb dich

Empfehle uns weiter