Hole Premium um die Werbung zu unterdrücken
02.03.2011 - 06:00
When playing more than one continent or even the world map with few players, the players will usually at some point control quite large empires. And that can get messy. Or frustrating.

I mean, if a player controls, let's say, most of Europe. Then, after recruiting, he will have to drag units from all over Europe together by hand to form an "intercontinental" army (I mean an army big enough to capture and hold a continent's capital), which will take an enormous amount of time. And of patience (Something that seems to lack nowadays; a long, slow game can be exhausting, but a game with like two minutes turn time is just not fun anymore, especially if you control large territories.); and even if there is enough time, gathering armies from many cities with few recruitable units in each is really nerve-racking.

So of course gathering such armies is possible, although laborious, and there is no desperate need for armies with several hundreds of units, as you can as well send your armies in waves or capture the enemy's territory bit by bit, but I think that it would be a nice option.

And it could well be realized by introducing gathering points. I think that making cities at key positions eligible as such most probably would be the easiest and most realistic way of introducing them (for example by shifting a region's possible recruitments to the gathering points, with reinforcement time for "gathered" units a turn or so after normal reinforcements).

Another good option for few players on a large map would be something like 100 cities, but the other way round; like an option to unify big areas (for example Brazil, Scandinavia, the Middle East or Indonesia); something to make units more available (by reducing the amount of cities where you get very few reinforcements).

As I said, these options are not really vital, but I think that they would make game-play easier and large games more fluent and less labor-intensive. (Not less challenging, though, as players still would have to keep in mind the protection of their territories as well as trying to win against other superpowers).
----
Versão brasileira: Herbert Richers.
Lade...
Lade...
05.03.2011 - 19:16
Make game turns longer
----
Where's the BEEF!
Lade...
Lade...
06.03.2011 - 13:00
Geschrieben von Jubapreta, 02.03.2011 at 06:00

and even if there is enough time, gathering armies from many cities with few recruitable units in each is really nerve-racking.
----
Versão brasileira: Herbert Richers.
Lade...
Lade...
07.03.2011 - 19:46
I agree with you on the big Map time issue. when playing a game like that there is a disadvantage to being the defender even if you have supirior force strength due to time restraints. Att. player needs only set citys to auto and then strike you every turn in any city you did not have the time to look at and see it needed some more troops there. This also makes a counter attack almost inpossible or you will loose alot of land atempting it.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Lade...
Lade...
07.03.2011 - 22:05
Making time longer like others have said also... this game is about time management and knowing when to attack, how hard, and the planning required to make it work... you cant just send men and hope that you will win you need to have a thought out plan on what are they doing this turn and then 5 turns after... just like chest.. its funny but at turn 15 im already thinking about checkmate in world games.
Lade...
Lade...
09.03.2011 - 18:29
This is where voting to make turns 6-7 minutes long comes in handy...
----
Lade...
Lade...
atWar

About Us
Contact

AGB | Servicebedingungen | Banner | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Bewirb dich

Empfehle uns weiter