Hole Premium um die Werbung zu unterdrücken
12.03.2011 - 15:37
OK lets put the cards on the table here.
90% of the countrys right now are unplayable.
FIX this please! How are you going to win a game that is so unballanced?
Here is my example:
I took south africa in a world game becasue USA,China,Indea and europ were all conqured.
Now South africa you figure ok not a strong country but they will duke it out and i can get a chance to grow.
So i was playing Navey and built 13 distroyers 4 subs and 8 merin.
for the next 17 turns i was at a -income even though i took all of south africa and some of the middle east? My froce slowly dwindeled down to 7 distroyers, 2 subs and 2 merine
17 TURNS!!!! and i could not build anything! Thats rediculuse! anyone else feel the game needs alot of work besides me?
here is a real life truth
China would have suffered food shortages
europ would have ran out of oil
America would have lost production due to lack of oil and other things it inports also its population would have reduced as it sent its boys out to war.

to make a game good you need to have more to it then just Hoging the best countrys or building the most units or haveing the most cash, there is something missing here and i cant quite put my finger on it though the senerio of an antire continent with obseen amounts of people not being able to build even a melita becasue it has 10 distroyers is totaly out of wack.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Lade...
Lade...
12.03.2011 - 15:50
You're problem is that you chose an expensive strategy in a poor area. South Africa can not afford to build destroyers because it is south africa. This is where strategies like perfect defense and guerilla warfare which focus on cheaper units shine.
Lade...
Lade...
12.03.2011 - 16:35
Eh, there are a lot of countries you can use just pick the right strategy as Gigglin said

Plus you are right, most countries you shouldn't pick unless you start with 3000$.

I don't think anything big is missing as more resources or so.
Lade...
Lade...
13.03.2011 - 11:16
I disagree. holding a Continent you should be able to play with more then just melitia.
I dont think that the pore nations of the world are to pore i think its that the rich nations of the world are dependent on these countrys for there welth.
Example:
Oil prices in the USA have forced the entire economy to take an economic downturn. This is not because the USA is not welthy but becasue of things around the globe that influence the cost to do things.
So in a Nutshell Lybia is conqureing the USA moniteraly without ever launching 1 troop into the country by makeing it harder for them to buy what they use to be able to by just by turning off there oil.
how does this translate to the game.
well USA would pay more cash for troops if USA is not friendly with Libya.
This is just 1 example world wide. so this is y i disagree with only useing Curreny world formula your useing.

If for example the entire middle east refused the rest of the world there oil then you would see the production rates arount the globe drop exponentialy all though i feel the curent troops in the world would converge on those countrys in order to regain stability in there markets.

Right now the game reflects a war system based on monarcies from the times when power=land and kings would fight for more land. Back then they were useing horses not subs,tanks and airplanes so now that system is outdated because those army didn't depend as much on forign resorces like oil.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Lade...
Lade...
13.03.2011 - 11:20
Also what are you useing to determine country income?
the corect thing to use would be GDP becasue this is a mesure of the production of the country and not the cost of goods.
like even in the USA a pack of cig's in North carolina are around $3 but in New York the same pack is $9 see what im saying.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Lade...
Lade...
15.03.2011 - 17:27
Gross domestic product is the combined income of everyone in the country for a fiscal period of time. The countries incomes are based off of GDP and there has already been some "correcting" to make the game more balanced. If it was perfectly based on GDP the poor countries would be far too poor and the rich far too rich. I think the game is good the way it is.
Lade...
Lade...
15.03.2011 - 23:16
OK then i will not disagree with the formula your useing but do still feel that there are other resorces that could be instiled into the game
Example
Tank 10oil,10steel,40 gold COST
now 1 resorce could=10 gold but really worth only 5 gold meaning if you did not have oil you could still produce tanks but they would cost you 240gold with no resorces or 140gold if you had 10 steel or 10 iron. the maintain cost would remain unafected.
this would represent a country haveing to pay for the resorce if they could not produce it.
a change in gold income would be made to reflect the gain of the other resorces so now if china gets 600gold per turn but has no steel or gold its paying alot more for a tank then the middle east is with less gold but having oil.
there production would not change and china could still conqured the middle easy to lower the cost of there tanks by gaining there oil production.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Lade...
Lade...
15.03.2011 - 23:45
I'd like to point out that Libya has had hardly any effect on oil prices; instead gas prices are increasing mostly due to other factors. This guy wrote a detailed article about it:
http://www.cpeterson.org/2011/03/10/why-gas-is-so-expensive-today-hint-its-not-libya/

Part of his recap is:
Remember how Libya is being blamed for diminishing the world's oil supply with its 1.5 million barrels per day of output?

Well, speculators own contracts on 269 million barrels of oil - equivalent to almost a third of the United States National Emergency Reserve - so much so, in fact, JP Morgan renting supertankers to store their excess reserves offshore because they've simply run out of space on land.
-----
Who does the US get oil from daily? (Pie Chart).
http://www.window.state.tx.us/specialrpt/energy/nonrenewable/images/exhibit4-21.png
USA imports a little over 5 million barrels a day, some amount less than 2.9% of that could come from Libya.

Anyways, I feel like introducing resources would slow the game play down, and I'm unsure whether it would help or hurt the poor countries. What do countries in southern Africa have to trade? -Some natural resources. Manufactured goods. Cheap labor...
----
CONAN! What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!
Lade...
Lade...
16.03.2011 - 01:37
Actualy south africa is the dimond rich country of the world. I will see your argument and toss in that its not the oil that makes the price in the USA. its becasue were living in a global society where comodities are traded on paper and even if USA dont get alot of oil from lybia a war there still causes the price per barral to rize. if you look at the time line of oil prices Per barral you will see it spiked when lybya had unrest. Now for the gas thing. Gas is a byproduct of oil you by lite sweet crude oil then you bring it to a refinery to be prossesed into gasoline and other types of patrolium based things.
That said if the price of oil per barral rizes on the exchanges the price at the pump also rises.
as far as makeing the game complicated im still in disagreeance. it actualy would ballance it out and not really change the game we all like.
in the idea i posted you would not need oil to make troops. BUT you would have an advantage if you had a surpluss of oil during your build becasue the game would subtract the oil insted of your gold.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Lade...
Lade...
16.03.2011 - 11:38
I thought diamonds are actually supposed to be much cheaper than they are? Companies only sell a small amount of their diamonds at a time, artificially driving their rarity (and price) up because they only let X amount of diamonds be in circulation. - Or if they don't buy diamonds from people, then I would rather say that they only introduce X amount of diamonds into circulation annually.

--

Lol, I just thought of something. Since the price of oil went up because of speculative traders (like JP Morgan), then the US really isn't losing much money. Why isn't it? Americans lose money at the pump, but American traders win big money. So I wonder if the US net gains or loses money.

The oil providers are paid more based on the speculative trading, but I wonder which side gains more net money and by how much.

--

I like what you just said about the surplus resources.
----
CONAN! What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!
Lade...
Lade...
18.03.2011 - 02:15
I read this article and was shocked the sad part though is all this is doing besides people getting "rich" is causing inflation. When oil prices go up so does everything else if the comonman cant afford food then he must be payed more or everything will collapes. Another way to think of it is the american dollar is another one of these baloons and if a disaster happend it would be forever before we could recover. Also does this explain why gold prices are so high now?
Lade...
Lade...
19.03.2011 - 03:08
The answer to your questin is the oil comanys make the money.
here is a really quick explanation.

You and I mine oil(oil company) and is sold on markets world wide.
Investers Buy oil from the markets around the world.
Your company gets attacked by rebels so you cant make oil so now your buyers have to buy somewhere else.
This raisis the price of oil even though the supply is still there and the Demand did not change, it did to all the other companys because now a new country is asking them to get the oil that you use to provide to them.
so if country A gets oil from you and country B gets oil from me, country A can't get oil from you and must outbid country B for the oil im selling raizing the market price.
And I (oil company) make more mony and country B pays more even though it never bought oil from you.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Lade...
Lade...
19.03.2011 - 03:14
PS: dimonds are Just like oil it dont matter how many there are it matters how many there selling as in that artical you read if i owned all the dimonds but only sold 1 diamond every year there would be alot of realy upset women not getting them and alot of really rich guys trying to buy it.
back years ago we called it a monopoly but now its called price fixing.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Lade...
Lade...
atWar

About Us
Contact

AGB | Servicebedingungen | Banner | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Bewirb dich

Empfehle uns weiter